- To co-ordinate, in detail on the Restaurant / Banquet / food production, and all specific duties to employees under his supervision.
- Operating and managing the pastry section of the kitchen and liaising with the Head Chef to ensure a successful working environment.
- Preparing ingredients and handling baking and other kitchen equipment.
- Creating pastries, baked goods, and confections, by following a set recipe.
- Developing new recipes for seasonal menus.
- Keeping up to date records of all menu production recipes and developments items.
- Decorating pastries and desserts to ensure beautiful and tasteful presentation.
- Meeting with customers to discuss details and planning of custom-made desserts and pastries for special occasions, such as weddings.
- Monitoring the stock of baking ingredients.
- Ordering new supplies, ingredients, and equipment for the pastry section, when needed, and within budget.
- Ensuring their section of the kitchen adheres to safety and health regulations.
- Supervising and training staff members, when needed.
- Apprenticeship or college level
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an International Class Hotel and 2 years in similar capacity
- Proficient in spoken English and Cantonese
- People and customer oriented, motivator and self-starter, team builder, displays initiative and creativity, commitment to professional values