One-Eight-One Hotel & Serviced Residences
Collection of Personal Data
To provide you with a personalized internet and hotel experience, the Site will gather certain types of information about you. At the same time, the privacy and confidentiality of your personal data is important and the Hotel is committed to protect the security of your personal data. In this PICS, we wish to explain the types of personal data the Hotel collects and how the Hotel would use your personal data.
This PICS applies to all visitors of the Site and the Hotel’s customers.
Personal Data that We Collect
The types of personal data that the Hotel will collect from you may include:
- Your personal details, your name, gender, passport and visa information
- Your contact methods including email address and mobile phone number
- Your credit card details, hotel membership information or password, or any frequent flyer or travel program affiliation
- Your stay information, including the hotels where you have stayed or will stay, dates of arrival and departure, goods and services requested, special requests made, any information necessary to fulfill your special requests such as entertainment, travel and guest preferences
- Your search records and usage history of the Site
- Observations on your requests or preferences
- Your reviews and opinion about the Hotel’s services
- Your information collected through the registration and/or use of the Hotel’s free wifi service
- Consumer credit Information about you
How We Use Personal Data
The purposes for which the Hotel collects and may use your personal data are:-
- Processing and/or confirming your hotel or tours arrangements and restaurant and hotel service reservations
- Providing you with hotel accommodations, transportation, food & beverage services, events & catering services, spa services or any of our products or services related to the Hotel or offered in the Hotel , either by the Hotel or its associated companies (within the meaning of the Companies Ordinance, the laws of Hong Kong) (our “Services”)
- Processing your payment for any services, products and/or facilities, including verification of credit card details with third parties
- Improving the Hotel’s service quality and hotel experience and providing you with a better, more personalized level of service
- Processing applications for and administering the Hotel’s membership programs, its continuation or termination
- Verifying your identity
- Responding to users’ or visitor’s questions or suggestions, handling and following up service calls, enquiries and complaints (including, but not limited to, by email, SMS and/or through an in-app message)
- Providing for the safety and security of the Hotel’s guests
- Providing privilege or discount to you or disclosing the winner of contests and lucky draw competitions conducted by the Hotel or on its behalf
- Removing bugs and improving the effectiveness of the Site
- Sending marketing surveys to you regarding our Services, conducting market analysis, market research, customer satisfaction and quality assurance surveys
- Enabling us to better understand the demographics of our users and customers
- Meeting legal and regulatory requirements binding on the Hotel or its associated companies
- Administering general record keeping
- Sharing or transferring your personal data to the Hotel’s subsidiaries or associated companies, any party involved in the process of making your travel arrangements (e.g. travel agents, group travel organisers and your employer), or any agent, adviser, auditor, vendor, contractor or third party service provider of the Hotel or its associated companies which provides administrative, telecommunications, computer and other services (e.g. credit card companies, airline operators and other loyalty programmes) for data processing and/or any of the Purposes (defined below) specified in this PICS
- Other purposes consistent, ancillary or directly related to the above
When you make a booking for a hotel reservation with us or choose to access certain services that the Hotel provides, information that is mandatory will be marked with a [red asterisk, i.e. *]. You can choose not to provide the requested information, but as a result you may not be able to complete your booking or access the requested services.
For information that is not marked with a red asterisk, it is voluntary for you to decide whether to furnish such information. However, if you decide not to submit certain information, some of your experiences with the Hotel may be affected and the Hotel may not be able offer you all or some of the Services in full.
The Hotel may use your personal data to send you direct marketing communications via including, without limitation, direct-mail, email, telephone calls, SMS, push notification and/or in-app messages (collectively, the “Permitted Marketing Means”), containing news, offers, promotions, events to be offered by the Hotel and/or its associated company and/or by our or their business partners in relation to the following classes of products and services:
- Our Services and all other products or services offered by or related to the Hotel (including our updates, news, events or promotions, special offers and discounts); and/or
- The services, events or promotions, special offers or discounts of the Hotel’s associated companies, our and/or their business partners engaging in or relating to travel, transportation, retail, food and beverage, credit cards, financial and investment services, real estate, entertainment, publications, fashion and jewellery, leisure and sports, health and wellness, non-profit and charitable activities, telecommunications, social networking and/or media and public relations.
The Hotel may also transfer your personal data to the Hotel’s associated companies engaging in the business relating to food and beverages, catering and/or restaurant services (the “Data Transferees”) for any such Data Transferee(s) to send you direct marketing communications via including, without limitation, any of the Direct Marketing Means, contents or materials containing news, offers, promotions, events to be offered by the Data Transferees and/or their associated companies and/or by their business partners in relation to the following classes of products and services:
- food and beverages, catering or restaurant services offered by any such Data Transferee(s); and/or
- any of the Permitted Classes of Marketing Subjects.
The Hotel will not use your personal data or transfer your personal data to any other third party for direct marketing without your consent. You may opt-out from receiving marketing communications from the Hotel and/or the Data Transferees at any time, free of charge, in the following manner:
- Before accepting this PICS, by clicking the box objecting to our direct marketing use before submitting your consent to this PICS; or
- After accepting this PICS, contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your objection to the direct marketing use by the Hotel and/or the Data Transferee. We are committed to process your opt-out request within 7 days from the receipt of your request.
Other than the Purposes and direct marketing use mentioned above, the Hotel will not sell, transfer or rent any of your personal data to any other party, or use it for any unapproved commercial purpose.
Protecting Your Data
The Hotel is committed to protecting your personal data. Hence, the Hotel has implemented security measures to keep information that is stored in our systems protected from unauthorized access. The Site servers/systems are configured with data encryption, or scrambling, technologies, and industry-standard firewalls.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
You have the right to request access to or correction of your personal data in any of the Hotel’s records. You may also ask us to delete you or your personal data from any active mailing list or the Hotel’s other records. To exercise any of your rights, contact us at the address or email below marking your communication “Confidential”. In response to your data access or correction requests (other than for removing you from our direct marketing lists), we may charge you a reasonable fee for doing so.
For any enquiries concerning your collected personal data, please contact our Personal Data Privacy Officer, One-Eight-One Hotel and Serviced Residences, 181 Connaught Road West, Hong Kong or email@example.com. Please mark your request “Confidential”.
Browsing being Anonymous
The Site will not automatically collect any information from you or your computer without your acknowledgement. This means that when you browse the Site, unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide us with your personal data, we will not know your identity, your email address or any other personal identifier.
Use of Aggregated Data
“Aggregated data” means general information regarding visitors of the Site and their use such as traffic patterns, number of visits to certain pages, use of information or features of the Site, visits from or to third-party websites, etc. The Hotel may develop and offer new features and services and improve the Site. In this connection and for market research/analysis purposes, we monitor aggregated data regarding the use of the Site. The Hotel may share aggregated data with third parties in an anonymous manner. Disclosure of aggregated data does not reveal your personal data.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, may be used to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within, to and from the Site, to deliver or communicate with cookies and to improve the Site performance.
You may block, delete or disable cookies, web beacons and/or other web technologies by amending your browser or device settings.
The Hotel will take all practicable steps to keep your personal data confidential. However, for any of the circumstances below, the Hotel may need to disclose, transfer and/or assign your personal data as required by law or other applicable regulations.
Children's Privacy & Parental Consent
The Site is not intended for minors who are under 18 years, and the Hotel does not knowingly collect personal information from them. The Hotel specifically requests minors not to use the Site alone or submit any personal data. If you are under 18 years, you may only use the Site and Services with the permission of your parent or guardian, who is requested to read and consent to this PICS for and on behalf of you.
Links To 3rd Party’s Websites
The Hotel may provide links to third party’s websites that may be of your interest. The Hotel cannot control the activities of those third party websites and hence are not responsible for the privacy policies or the actions of any third parties.
The Hotel reserves the right to change this PICs from time to time. Changes will always be prospective and will be published on this page. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this PICS.
This PICS may be available in different languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the different language versions, the English version shall prevail.
This PICS is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.