- Assist the head chef with menu planning, recipe development, food preparation and kitchen management.
- Ensure the food is prepared to the highest standards, and that all safety and sanitation guidelines are followed.
- Supervise and carry out the production of all dishes according to the prescribed recipe and specifications and ensure the taste, portion size, quality and presentation of the dishes conform to the Restaurant’s standard.
- Enact as a coach and advisor to staff and maintain excellent communication with direct reports through daily meetings and briefings. Ensure you lead by example and are a motivator for the team.
- Manage the kitchen staff and delegate tasks as needed.
- Mentor and coach entry-level staff to develop strong succession planning.
- Make conversation & assert guest satisfaction to all guests during the three meal periods in the restaurant and find out their likes and dislike as well as building rapport.
- Monitor inventory levels and place orders for supplies as needed.
- Ensure safe working practices and cleanliness of both the team’s equipment and kitchen areas.
- Promote a culture of sustainability, by waste reduction local sourcing, eliminate single used plastic and other related initiatives.
- Coordinate with the Pastry and Butchery to produce mise en place in line with business levels.
- Inspect incoming products and ensure proper storage and rotation, as well as daily inspection of dates & odd items in the refrigerators in compliance with SOP & HACCP regulation.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in a sizeable luxury hotel or progressive restaurant and with at least 2 years in similar capacity.
- Strong sense in business acumen and food & beverage market trends with extensive knowledge of menu development.
- Excellent food hygiene and kitchen safety knowledge.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure.
- Administration skills including procurement and inventory systems such as Compeat or CHECK SCM.
- Willing to learn and with a positive mindset.
Candidates with less experience will be considered as Demi Chef
Interested parties please send your full resume with your current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer. Personal data collected will be treated in strict confidence and for recruitment purpose only